Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Run for the Zoo

Yes, I know that this post is ridiculously late, but what are you gonna do when you're shutting down the school year!  Anywho...we had a big 'to do' at school about the Run for the Zoo so we decided to sign up.  Sounded like a ton of fun and I convinced not only Elijah, but my brother, my future sis-in-law, AND my dad to do it too!  Too bad it was butt ass cold that day.  We're talking stupid wind and January like temps!  We bundled up Audrey and headed out for our 3 mile walk run. 
Because it was so cold out, my dad flaked out on us...and Jeff and Tamara abandoned after the run.  So we were on our own to wander around the zoo in frigid temperatures.  We quickly ran through several areas and stopped at the polar bears, which we all enjoyed since Audrey looked like a mini bear!
We stopped off so Audrey could eat and we could get warm and then wrapped up our first tour of the zoo as a family with a trip to the seals and a finish line through Africa.
Audrey loved the seals and we made a quick stop to see the elephants before we tore out of the zoo at a cheetahs pace.


After we got to the car I told Elijah I didn't feel very well and wasn't sure if it was from the cold or all the walking.  Needless to say I ended up with a nasty virus of sorts and spent the next few days sitting in my classroom with a space heater next to me and a winter jacket on.  Yay fun!  Glad Audrey had a great first time at the zoo.  I'm sure she will remember it for years to come! 

No comments:

Post a Comment