Friday, September 9, 2011

A Day at the Zoo

On Audrey's actual birthday I took the day off so we could go the zoo as a family.  It was SOOO hot that day so all the animals were lethargic.  I started feeling like that towards the end!  We first ate lunch on the lawn area and then meandered our way through all the animal exhibits.  We dressed Audrey up since it was her big #1!  
 All done with lunch...now let's look at some animals!

 Lethargic lion.  
 Not sure what this is called..but he looked like a mini deer.  So cute!
 Lethargic jaguar.
 Semi lethargic mountain lion
 Audrey wanting to play with the "kitty"
 Daddy and Audrey like to point at things.  
 Walabi's are so cute!  Plus it was nice and cool in this area.  I thought sitting on the bench would be a good idea.
 The one photo of me and Audrey.  
 We were trying to figure out if this gorilla was just fat or really pregnant.  She/he enjoyed eating cardboard though.
 This much skinnier gorilla wanted to be bulimic, but didn't have it in him.  He puked twice.  And ate it.  Twice.
 While Elijah went to take a work call I found the splash pad and changed Audrey so she could cool off.  Daddy found us and quickly got a squirt right in his butt.  I guess he needed to cool off too!! I managed to miss any hits of water.


 This is where I wanted to hang out. Minus the stench and getting eaten by hippos.
 Time for the train!  Notice the ice block that Audrey is holding.

 Gimme the camera mom.
I couldn't resist putting a picture of the capybara on here.  We had to make the haul over to his area because this is Elijah's favorite animal.  Go figure.  An oversized hampster/guinea pig. 
This mommy peacock and her baby were wandering around near the splash pad so I fed her some of Audrey's cheeto things.  First of all, she's greedy and almost bit me.  Second of all, she doesn't share because her baby left hungry.  Jerk.
We had such a good time wandering the Rio Grande Zoo as a family!  What a great way to spend a Wednesday!

3 comments:

  1. She is so big, and so adorable! I can't believe she's already a year. Great job, Sarah! By the way, gorillas are gross.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, a year old already! We love the Zoo, too. Congratulations on being a great Mama for a year, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hannah...you crack me up! You know we are descendants of gorillas. Although I don't enjoy throwing up and eating it. Thanks Sarah!!

    ReplyDelete