Monday, December 5, 2011

First Snow of Winter

The news kept telling us that we were going to receive snow, so all evening I kept peering out the window and waiting.  Nothing.  I was hoping for maybe a 2 hour delay for school.  This is the kind of day you want.  School is 2 hours shorter, but you don't have to make up the whole day.  So I went to bed and guess what we woke up to?  Like 4-5 inches of fluffy white snow!!! Okay...we got woken up by the telephone at an early 5:30am from the school line telling us we were on a delay.  An hour later another call rang in saying we were cancelled!  It was a great day.
6am looking out Audrey's window

The 4Runner full of snow

Pretty lights


All the snow in the backyard
   My brother and sister in law were off as well and Elijah worked from home.  We were able to venture out to the park for a little fun in snow.  After we dressed Audrey in triple layers so she somewhat resembled a strawberry puff marshmallow we headed out.  We put the bug on our really old wooden sled (we're talking 1970's!!) and headed over to the park.  We had fun making snow angels and throwing some snowballs.  It was in the low 20's so we didn't stay out long at all, but it was so fun to have Audrey get to see a nice big snow.  What's weird about this weather is that the downtown/Old Town area (20 min drive) got NOTHING!  The westside of town got hit with it all-for a change!! I wonder what tomorrow brings?  The snow has stopped, but I'm not sure if the roads will be icy or not.  I guess I'll wait for my early morning phone call to see!
Marshmallow Toddle
Mommy and Bug

Tam and I walking around

1970's family sled

This was as far down as Audrey's arms would go.  This is what 4 layers does to you.


The park

Daddy self portrait



Mommy snow angel

Auntie snow angel

Baby snow angel




Snow Ball Fight!!!!

Notice that my brother is wearing ski goggles.  Hardcore.


This is how we roll.  Leggings/long johns tucked into our socks.

No comments:

Post a Comment