Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Spring Break and we're at the Zoo!

This is my 100th post!! It doesn't seem that long ago that I jumped on the blogging bandwagon, but really it's been about a year and a half.  I started blogging right after Audrey was born and although I don't blog as much during the school year, I still try to keep up with a once a month posting.  We are now enjoying spring break and before I know it the end of the school year will be upon us.  Audrey and I decided to venture over to the zoo today with our good friends Melinda and Tanner.  It was such a beautiful day....70 degree weather!  Everyone else in Albuquerque thought so too and decided to join us.   I am some what perturbed at the computer because while I was uploading our fun photos, several got corrupted and either didn't show up or only half way transferred.  But these shots are the best of what was left.  It was so fun going and seeing the zoo through the eyes of 18 and 19 month olds.  Tanner didn't really enjoy the wagon, but that was fine because the kids spent most of their time running from exhibit to exhibit. 
                                              
Checking out the gorillas


     

Waiting for the train to start rolling...we're talking high speed freight train here!

Notice the similarity in their faces.  That's called "veggie straw lips."

Daddy giraffe.  Audrey was slightly scared of the giraffe, but I thought he was amazing.

Audrey could have stood here for days watching the mommy and her baby.  She takes after her  mom and just LOVES the elephants.

Having a conversation over the "cucks" and the noises they make.
 I think that this was by far Audrey's favorite place.  She kept referring to the seals as "B" meaning Bruno, our big black lab.  Every time they would go by she would squeal and scream.  She had to stop at every window to see them swim by. 

 We were on our way to see the polar bears when the zoo keepers walked the llamas over for a viewing.  Someone decided to take off after them.  No fear!  Audrey got to pet the llamas and luckily we didn't get spit on.
Sadly, my favorite picture of Audrey and Tanner hugging didn't make it through the corruption, nor did the photo of Audrey sleeping 12 seconds after we got in the car, so I will leave you with this video of our ladybug and her pure joy at seeing the seals.  *Remember to turn the music off by scrolling to the bottom of the blog.
We WILL be heading back to the zoo very soon!  4 hours of pure fun...my vote: yes!!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I can't believe how big she is getting. Congrats on your 100th blog, you go busy mama!

    ReplyDelete