Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Connections

So last night I had a really hard time getting to sleep.  You know how sometimes you just have one of those nights where your mind is racing and thinking about everything under the sun?  That was me. I think I'm in sort of a funk and a weird place.  It might just be from coming back from vacation and missing my family back in San Diego, but I feel like I have a lot of lost connections.  I think back to when I was younger and how I had some great friends and connections with people that lasted years and then time, differences, and life just seem to get in the way and those connections start to fade.  As you lose one connection you gain a new one, or even a few.  And depending on where you are in life, those connections seem to match.  I just feel lately that I am lacking in that department.  I'm not sure where it comes from or if it's just me or if it's just that time in my life.  I like to be at home and feel comfortable there, but I also like to get out and enjoy myself.  I guess my fault is that I need to make more of an effort to add in company when I can.  I miss having those deep connections.  I feel that I have a lot of loose connections with people and I need to bring some ropes in tighter (if that makes sense).  You know when something good or even bad happens and you can't wait to call that one person to tell them...that's what I miss.  I need more of that and need to get back to that.  I need to get my connections back.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU MY SARITA!!!!! You know you can call me whenever you need to BUT I know how you feel!! It's funny how people change and us as well however I do try to stay TRUE to my friends and hope for the same in return. It sucks when your friends don't make the effort and it feels like a one way friendship!!! Xoxoxo =) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are my go to girl for sure! I just need to see you more. How about retiring for the summer? Lol!

      Delete