Monday, November 15, 2010

Body After Baby

So it has been 11 weeks as of tomorrow that I have given birth and I need to get my body back.  Okay, not like losing weight, but the measly muscle I once had.  I am a very odd person with the metabolism of some foreign alien.  I lost all the baby weight in about 4 days (gained 25 in all).  I now weigh less than what I did before I got pregnant.  Now most of you are thinking that's amazing, but for me, I'm already a stick, so now I can't even qualify as being a stick.  I'm a toothpick.  What's weird though is that I can't fit into some of my jeans I used to because my hips are wider.  I thought, yay, I can wear all my old clothes.  Wrong.  About 95% of my work pants look horrid on me.  Reason being:  my butt no longer defies gravity.  It has rapidly drooped to almost knee level.  The days of a cute little bubble butt are no more and the days of a flat and flabby butt is upon us.  I have been complaining about this since I went back to work in mid October.  Today was the day that Elijah started me on my goal to gain the butt back!  I am sick and congested so I can't do anything strenuous (oh no!) because I might have to be rushed to the hospital with asthma problems!  Everyday we are going to work on lunges and squats and eventually these military jumping jack squat things that I will do once this sickness is gone.  I blame Audrey for my butt sagging so I forced her to watch me as I lunged and squatted.  For my counts I wanted to make it educational for her (hey, I am a teacher after all!!).  As I squatted I would call out a letter in her name.  So here I was at 9 tonight with my hubby motivating me to get my butt back up (literally) and me staring at my beautiful daughter yelling, "A", squat, "U", squat, "D", squat and so one until I spelt her first and middle name.  She found this quite amusing.  Hopefully I'll get my butt back soon and be able to wear my pants without them sagging in the behind!!  I am including a picture of what I looked like 1 day after giving birth and the other of Audrey watching me as I worked on my butt that she gave me!

1 comment: