Sunday, November 14, 2010

First Family Post

We decided that we wanted to create a blog for family and friends so you can be updated on what we are doing and how Audrey is growing...especially for those close family members who don't live nearby.  As many of you know 2010 was a crazy year for us.  For that matter, the end of 2009 was too.  Elijah decided to join the Air Force National Guard in November of 2009 since he wasn't having much luck finding a decent job.  This would allow him to maybe start a career at Kirtland as a civilian worker.  A month later, right before Christmas, we got the biggest surprise yet!  We were expecting our first child!!  It was 4 long years in the making (which would take up a whole additional entry).  It was not the greatest timing since Elijah had been out of work for a while and was soon getting ready to ship off for boot camp and then tech school.  I was going to do the pregnancy and possibly the birth alone.  Scary!  Fast forward to March when I am now 18 weeks pregnant.  We go to the doctor expecting them to tell us we are having a boy (we thought it was a boy this whole time) and were told...It's a Girl!  What?  Can you check again?  Same answer.  We then drive over to Babies R Us to start our registry and actually get into it, scanning all the great things a baby girl would want!  1 week later my dad moves in to help me out in case anything happens and Elijah leaves for Texas. It was so sad because I might not be able to go and see him graduate in June (expensive and pretty darn pregnant) and I won't see him again until September.  I then find out a couple of weeks later that Elijah has been removed from his group and is now in this place we'll call "prison."  He is waiting to come home.  They have decided to release him from the Air Force because of his tattoos.  It is very bittersweet.  He was stuck there for almost a week and then came home.  So much for using the Air Force to better himself and his career.  On a lighter note, he would be here for the remainder of my pregnancy and get to see our baby girl born!  We now fast forward through the hot summer with my watermelon belly to August 30.  I decide this is the day I will start my maternity leave from work (after spending an ENTIRE summer creating lesson plans for  my leave).  I was already 3 days over due and really thought she was coming early!  I went to the doctor and was going to force them to induce me (elective induction).  I did end up being induced, but it wasn't elective.  She was ready to come out.  I won't spare you the details of my crazy labor and all that, but 11 hours after arriving at the hospital I gave birth to a 6lb 14oz girl at 10:52am on August 31 that we named Audrey Rayne!!  She is such a joy and a wonderful addition to our family.  We will continue to update you on the growth of our beautiful baby who is now almost 11 weeks old!  She is trying to roll over, she always smiles, and laughs at our silly faces!  Life couldn't be better.  Oh, and by the way, Elijah has an amazing job now where he can pick Audrey up early and bond with her before I come home from work!  He got this job 1 week before I gave birth....thank God for miracles!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, glad to see you have a blog! More pictures, please!!!

    ReplyDelete