Saturday, November 26, 2011

Christmas Spirit

It's Saturday and for 2 years now we have started decorating before the Christmas break.  I love having the lights off in the living room and just the twinkle of the tree glowing!  As Elijah worked on putting the lights up outside (still have to finish tomorrow) Audrey and I started decorating the tree.  We turned on some Christmas music to get festive and got to work. We saw these super pretty ornaments from Sams Club, which were perfect for our kind of household.  They look glamorous, but are actually made of plastic so babies, dogs, cats, ferrets, and the like can not break them!  I noticed them a few weeks ago and they were different from any other ones I had seen.  They were more jewel toned rather than the traditional Christmas colors.  So we went out yesterday to grab them and guess what??? They were sold out!! They had all the regular colors, but not the jewel toned ones.  I have to wonder if they had a sale on Black Friday because they just had a ton on Sunday.  So we settled for some lime green looking ones with red mixed in.  I then called my go to man...dad!  He was at work (next to another Sams Club) and asked him for a favor.  He is not the greatest with color, but I said they look nothing like Christmas colors.  So he calls me a while later and says he found them.  They are "purple" and turqoise.  I had to assume they were the right ones.  He got the LAST package!! BTW the purple is really a pink color.  So today we returned the other ones and I am so happy.  The tree came out amazing!! We also got Audrey's precious little tree up too.  I love this tree as it's about 12 years old and still in great shape.  My parents bought it for me when I lived in my old apartment and now we have handed it off to Buggy.  We still have some decor to add to the house, but the main stuff is done!!
Audrey attempting to help

The Red Eyed ladies.  I like my "thanks for taking a picture, jerk" look.

Gimmie!

Totally unrelated photo, other than it was taken today.  Rocking her new Princess gear.

And me, wearing the Princess crown.

Mini me in the crown.

Also, totally unrelated.  This is supposed to be a Christmas present.  Oh well.


The beautiful tree!!

Look at how pretty these ornaments are!! 

My beautiful "Sandy" angel



Ladybugs pink and silver tree

 These next 2 photos are also completely unrelated, but ever since we painted and took down the big ugly, old mirror, this wall was looking very bare!  They had photo collage frames on sale at Kohls for 55% off today and so we got one!  Elijah and I picked out photos from this past year (plus one prego photo) and put it up.  It looks AMAZING!  We'll get another one next year and do the same thing!

Up close!  Notice the smudges already on the picture of Duke, our ferret.  Audrey adores him and kept touching the picture.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely Christmas trees:). I am your new follower. You can come by and visit me at http://showmemama.com

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete