Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Meaning of Doves

So tonight is a night filled with saddness and lost memories.  As I'm sitting in the living room I hear something fall and Elijah say something like 'oh my gosh.' I run in there thinking Audrey did something.  Turns out my beautiful dove/egg music box is in tons of pieces on the floor. I know it wasn't anyones fault that it broke...but my heart broke with it.  This little thing has meant so much to me.  It was a beautiful egg with little jewels and inside were two doves sitting on flowers.  It played the song 'Love Makes the World Go Round.' I received this as a gift nearly 10 years ago from my aunt.  It was a gift in memory of my mom.    This is why I'm sad.  The doves have always been a representation of my mom and when we made Audrey's nursery I thought it would be a great accessory.  My mom could watch over my little lady and keep her safe.  I feel like the one big attachment that reminded me of my mom is gone.  In just a few months it will be a decade...God.  A decade since she has passed.  With that comes the lack of memory.  I no longer remember her voice, her laugh, or even the marks on her face. Her memory is fading and it kills me.  I always want to call her or have her here to help me and it's just not possible.  The breaking of the doves just solidifies that feeling.  It's hard to express the hurt or even an understanding from people unless they have lost a parent, suddenly, and at a younger age.  My heart is broken and I just want my memories back.

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry Sarah. I know what you are saying. When we ended my Dad's cell phone contract I cried my heart out. I would call just to hear his voice, praying that it was a dream and he would pick up. It is something that cannot be explained and holidays make the pain even worse. oh and having this amazing little person you know they would love but never had the chance to meet. If you ever need to talk or to just cry please do not hesitate to call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry, Sarah. I can't imagine what that feels like, but it's neat to think that a part of your mom lives on through you and Audry. I wish there was a way you could call!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :(

    I won't pretend to understand how you're feeling, I haven't lost a parent. But just hearing my friend be so sad and upset hurts my heart. You're such a wonderful person Sarah, and a TERRIFIC mommy. I know your mom would be proud. Memories may fade and things may be forgotten but always remember how much she loved you. You're so sweet Sarah. Lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stephanie couldn't have said it any better... Your words made me cry. Your mom is so proud of you and the little miss! Big hugs and prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete