Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Cheer

This year we did not cook a thing for Thanksgiving!  All we had to do was bring some pie and get served!! We also had 3 feasts to attend, which was also a first.  We made our way up to my dad and aunts house around 10:30am.  We got to hang out while the meal was being finished.  We were so excited for Audrey to actually eat a Thanksgiving meal, rather than drink all the yummies via her milk like last year.  BUT, Little Miss Picky Pants was not having it and pretty much refused to eat ANY of it except a few morsels of stuffing.  I, however, enjoyed my meal.  After brunch dinner Audrey got to read her favorite book.  This was probably #2/35 for the day.  My dad pretended to read it in Arabic and also told Audrey that the rhinoserous snorted and snuffed just like Grandpa when he used to do cocaine.  Lovely.  I don't think he ever did cocaine, but he likes to pretend.  My aunt did not find that funny!  Then Audrey showed off for my Aunt Fran, who doted on her!  She loved it!  Around 1:30 we headed over to our nieces house to have Thanksgiving numero dos.  At this point I was getting rather sleepy and due to lack of H20 and the heat in the house I started getting a headache, so photos stopped completely.  I'm kind of sad because we didn't get any shots of Audrey playing with her cousin Lucy, which was super cute!  Audrey followed Lucy around and they colored, played with toys and had a great time.  All of Elijah's family was there and he even got put to work by putting up the Christmas lights outside of Racheal's house!  We headed home at around 4:30 where we got to chill out for a big half an hour and I doped myself up with some more headache medicine.  We then took the VERY LONG walk drive to my brother's house.  Okay, it's 5 houses down.  This is where we ended the night.  I totally loved it.  My sister-in-law, Tamara, made her very first married Thanksgiving feast and it was GOOD!!! I love going to their house because we just kick off our shoes and relax.  It was just the 4 1/2 of us.  Great way to end the evening!  I hope that all of you got to enjoy your family/friends company as much as us Cavinders!  Cheers to a great 2011 Thanksgiving!!
Dad reading "Moo Baa La La La" to Audrey

Aunt Nettie telling Audrey "Don't listen to your Grandpa and his cocaine stories!"

Up the nose

Waiting patiently



Aunt Fran watching the genius put her blocks in.

Show off!

No comments:

Post a Comment