Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Left Out

Usually I am a pretty upbeat person and today I am not.  I'm feeling a bit down and it could just be in my head...or not.  I get like this sometimes.  I just get tired of making an effort or thinking you are better friends with someone than you really are and you just get let down.  I am tired of the excuses of why you can't do this or that with us or being sort of invited, but not really (if that makes sense) to something.  Like you want to go to hang out with people, but not sure if you were really invited by everyone or just 1 person.  I guess this is why, at times, that I had all the technology we have nowadays.  Messages get misread because they are sent via text, facebook, email...whatever.  Back in the day when didn't have all this, the only way to communicate was in person or by calling from a land line.  I'm even guilty of texting rather than calling because I don't want to interrupt someones day if they are busy.  I guess I may just read between the lines too much or am just overly sensitive today, but I just want some good, reliable people in my life.  I am not into the "sometimes" friends. Too old for it.  I'm also sad today because in 1 month I go back to work and have to leave Audrey at a babysitters again.  Hanging with my mommy friends doesn't always help because I am the only one that works and they get to keep hanging out and doing things and I get left behind.  Well, not really left behind, but out of obligation I can't partake.  Such is life.  July tends to be a shitay month for me anyways.  Hot, Mom's birthday, my birthday (NM family doesn't really care), summer coming to an end.  It all sucks. Well...enough of my negative banter. Maybe some ice cream will make me feel better. :o(

8 comments:

  1. Aww-- I thought I was the only one feeling this way lately. Just in a HUGE funk.

    Hugs, friend...... if we were closer, I'd take you to lunch.- my treat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs to you too Amy! Ahhh...lunch would be good! We'll have an imaginary one! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I have ever been guilty of this I apologize! I cherish our friendship because it is one of the only true ones that I have! I missed you while you were gone, but am excited to get back on track with our pool days (if fussy butt would stop with his terrible twos a year early)! It's weird because sometimes I envy the fact that you do have a life outside of mommyhood (work)and have an identitiy as more than just a mommy! I love the fact that I stay home, but miss adult interaction! Keep your head up and get ready for a fun mommy's night out tomorrow! still don't know where it will be, but it will be fun to go out babyless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's actually not you at all Melinda. You are one of my best friends!! You are always there and are very mindful of our friendship!! I love you and this does not pertain to you in the least! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sarah, I hope that ice cream helps!!! I hope this doesnt pertain to me either- if it does, PLEASE feel free to call or text and I will make it right!!! You are a great mommy, wife and friend- we all missed you while you were gone and cant wait to all hang out again- and even if its only for a month on a weekday basis-just remember that is the beauty of the job you have- done by 330 (so we can do afternoon dates!) free weekends and SUMMERS!!! Cheer up friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love you Sar!! I love how honest you are about everything... even feeling sad and down. Many people are far to concerned with putting on the act of being "perfect" and you've never been like that! And you make no apologies, LOVE IT! We all have times like these and I hope this finds you feeling better today than yesterday! Miss you lady and say hello to everyone! xoxo
    Jess (college girlfriend!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You guys are all too sweet!! Jess, I miss you so much! Maybe one of our little breaks we can drive out and see you and your beautiful soon to be!! :o) So glad you are having a girl! And Steph...let me just say...can't wait for tomorrow night!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute pics! newest follower ! hey hon! found ya on the blog hop at victorias voice! would ya follow me gfc back, I am now following you! Thanks so much! Be sure to visit my blog @ http://1caseycolette.blogspot.com . I have a giveaway for a 12pk of Peter Rabbt Organics, PLUS a 6mo free advertising on my blog! :)
    just say no to captcha

    ReplyDelete