Wednesday, June 1, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge Day 1

So I am going to attempt to do the 30-day blog challenge and day 1 is:
Recent picture of yourself and 15 interesting facts.
Here's a recent picture of me taken on Saturday at a friends wedding.  Thanks Lori for being a camera whore...just kidding!  Notice the weird look in Elijah's eyes and Sophie hanging out in his pocket.  Audrey is wondering what I'm doing and who all these people are.  On to my 15 interesting factoids!
1. I gave birth to Audrey when I was 30.  My mom was also 30 when she had me.  Even though our birthdays are fairly close, we are still different Zodiac signs, just like my mom and I.
2. Elijah and I have been together for almost 13 years!
3. I love all the Real Housewives shows on Bravo...except Washington DC.  No wonder it got cancelled.  I wasn't watching it!
4. I was hesitant to get a DVR.  I was happy with my 3 VCR's.  New technology, especially revolving around my beloved TV scares me.  So glad I got it.  It's amazing.
5. I truly love my ferrets and have had my various fur friends for 12 years now, but this is the last of the bunch.  They have been sequestered to our bedroom so they can not crap on my child.
6. I often think about moving out of New Mexico and potentially to San Diego, but I am a creature of comfort and it would be tough to get used to (even though family is there).  Maybe one day....or not.
7. My brother and his soon to be wife live 5 houses down from us and I would miss having them so close if we were to move.
8. I would love to be a better cook, but I don't have the drive.
9. I sometimes question if I am a good mom or not.  I see Elijah with Audrey and think he does a much better job than me.
10. I often wonder what life would be like if my mom were here to share it with me.  Would she stay home so she could watch Audrey?  I miss her.
11. I question how good of a friend I am because I feel like I don't communicate enough with them.
12. I feel proud of my accomplishments and keeping my family (immediate and extended) all together after the death of my mom.
13. I love teaching.  Even though there are hard days it is so worth it!  Seeing all the growth in those little 5 and 6 year olds is amazing.  Plus they worship their kindergarten teachers, so that's nice!
14. I am pretty afraid of heights, namely cliffs on mountains and that stupid ride on the Stratosphere.  Never again.
15. We used to go to Cliffs Amusement Park (our local roller coaster place) every year for my birthday until we stopped after my 29th birthday.  Going around and around on a new ride and throwing up in a small container on your way home just tells you that you are too old to be doing these things.


Hope you enjoyed my banter!  Until tomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. good luck on your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...I think I'll be able to keep it up. Maybe. We're going to San Diego at the end of the month so it may be hard!

    ReplyDelete