Tuesday, June 7, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge Day 7

So I woke up at 3am this morning having a total panic attack.  I was "dreaming" or maybe forced thoughts of Audrey's new babysitter come August.  All these questions and unknowns.  Well, from that, I started getting the shakes although I wasn't cold and then all my joints started to hurt.  At 5 something I proceeded to the bathroom where my face became better friends with the toilet.  All day I have felt tired and now have a fancy headache.  I still have my jammies on and have been somewhat of a sloth all day.  Anywho...enough of my excitement.  Today's challenge is:
 Favorite movies
I don't watch too many movies anymore and those that I manage to fit in either take me 3+ hours to watch or I fall asleep.  I also have to think that I have movie amnesia as I hardly remember half of the movies that I've seen.  All I can remember is that I think they were good.  However, there are a few "classics" that I still find to be my absolute favorites and here they are in no particular order!
Grease
I love that this movie has a bunch of singing in it.  I love musical movies.  I also love the era that the movie is from.  My mom and I loved to watch this movie over and over again.  We always said there was a touch of Olivia in my mom.  It's a very simple movie, but is relatable and goes through all the perils of high school antics.  Classically good!
Dirty Dancing
I have to say that I think this is my all time favorite movie.  I remember being in the 5th grade and I am not sure where I heard about this movie (maybe it was a preview on tv) but I knew it was coming out on HBO.  I knew the title made it sound worse than it was and I went and asked my mom if we could record it.  She ended up recording it and we watched it together.  Guess who still has that VHS tape with my mom's handwriting that says "Dirty Dancing?"  I do and I will never throw it away.  I do own the collectors DVD now.  Again, this movie is from an era that I love and the innocent girl who falls for the bad boy and all his dirty dance moves makes me giggle.  I totally wished I were Baby and I could go to some fun resort and fall in love for the first time.  I still tell people to not put Baby in the corner and on more than one occasion listen to Dirty Dancing Radio on Pandora!
Goonies
Who doesn't love the Goonies?  After all, Goonies never say die!  Again, this was a movie that you could put yourself in one of their shoes and wish you could go on a fun treasure adventure like these kids.  Although I wouldn't like to be followed by the Fratelli's.  Chunk was a nice comic relief and I felt so bad for one eyed Willie.  Heartbreaking moment.  If we ever see a car with one headlight we call it One Eyed Willie.  I also saw a picture that a friend took, in I believe Oregon, and I screamed....this is where they filmed Goonies!  Haha!
Fast and the Furious
Onto more modern times.  Love the series of Fast and the Furious.  It's like street Nascar and I love it.  Not to mention that Paul Walker is fairly easy on the eyes.  I like how he was once a cop and then got into the scene and is now an official street racer!  I've seen them all in the movie theater which makes them even better.  I have yet to see the new one and am fairly disappointed I may not (on the big screen).  Good fun action!
Transformers
Now I was actually dragged to the theater to see the first one because Elijah really wanted to see it.  I was super surprised and thoroughly enjoyed it.  I want to beat all the Decepticons up if they hurt my dear friends.  It's also pretty cool that some of the movie was filmed here.  I've liked all the ones that have come out and am excited for the new one!!


So there you have it.  A taste of the movies that I like.  I am also a comedy buff and love the Ace Ventura movies as well as Chris Farley ANYTHING!!!  Those are right up near the top too!

No comments:

Post a Comment