Friday, June 3, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge Day 3

Day 3's blog entry is: Your first love


Well...to start off I had a wicked night with the little one.  She is either teething horrendously or is starting to get sick.  My lack of sleep makes my brain hurt, so this entry is going to be short and sweet!


I am one of the lucky one's who never had to have crazy heartbreak from losing your first love.  I married my first love!!  Elijah and I met at the end of my 1st semester of college when I was 18.  He was 20.  He had just gotten out of a crazy relationship and I really wasn't interested in looking for love since college was kicking my butt.  But...things happen for a reason and we were meant to be with each other.  I think we became an "official couple" a mere week after dating and the rest is history.  We have had our ups and downs as any couple and it's a rarity to be able to grow up...together.  It was such a young age that we met and there is a lot of growing to do in that time span, but we made it through.  We got engaged after 2 years of dating, married after 5.5 years of dating, and here we are 12.5 years later!  Our anniversary is on the 19th of this month and we will be celebrating 7 years of marriage and finally a baby!  I can truly say that Elijah is my best friend and has been through the toughest times with me.  I could never picture a better man for myself or a better father for our ladybug.  He is my first love and my forever love! 
Taken in 2005.  Haven't changed much.  Man, those glasses were just wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment