Friday, June 10, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge Day 10

Today's lovely challenge is:
Something you're afraid of
Well, I'm afraid of a lot of random things, but two things popped into my mind straight off the bat.  The first is heights...of sorts.  Now I am not really afraid of being on the roof unless it's super pitched and I am not afraid of being on a ladder.  However, I am afraid of being on the top of the Stratosphere in Vegas and getting thrown into the air on that stupid ride.  Why did I do that?  Not too sure, but never again.  I am also afraid of driving or riding in a car on a winding road up a mountain.  I have really thought about it and I sincerely think that I may die falling off a cliff in my vehicle.  We have to travel over a mountain like this right outside San Diego and EVERY time I have to close my eyes and tell Elijah to let me know when it's over.  So scary.  The road resembles this:
No thank you.  And...I will NEVER go on that clear glass walkway thing at the Grand Canyon.  I will wait in the car for you.  I'm getting chills just thinking about it.
The other thing that I am most afraid of are these little big guys.
These creepy little cockroaches.  Thank goodness the huge ones are in NYC and Florida. I can only imagine seeing something the size of a checkbook scamper across the floor.  I had never seen one in my life until I went to UNM and there were dead ones in the ceiling light fixtures.  One time there was one walking across the floor and I slowly grabbed my bag and picked my feet up.  I prayed to God that he wouldn't come near me because I would either crap my pants, have a heart attack, or make a scene.  I now know that they are everywhere and have happily made it to my neck of the woods.  Thank goodness we got rid of the railroad ties because they enjoyed those.  When Elijah did his little stint at Truly Nolan I was told, "Once you see one, you know there are 32 more out there because that's how many babies are born each time."  Thanks honey.  I guess my brother had a small outbreak in his house (and he lives down the street). I hoped they weren't in our house and sure enough the next day I opened the cabinet in our bathroom and one of those little freaks was sitting on a cotton ball.  We never saw anymore after that so maybe he had Rabies or something and got lost.  I swore that I would burn the house down, move, or live in the car if they EVER got in the house.  I am that afraid of them.  I will Raid my body if one ever touches me.  
So there you have it.  2 things that I am most afraid of.  What are you afraid of?

3 comments:

  1. After seeing your gross bug picture - I'm afraid of going to bed and having nightmares about those things! Yuck!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to kinda chuckle about the glass portion at the GC. There is one on the Sears Tower in Chicago that I have been wanting to visit.... lol I am all about it. :)

    I don't like frogs. They totally make me scream like a girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy...I was thinking about that one too, although Chicago is out of our neck of the woods. I would so say no thank you to that too!

    ReplyDelete