Wednesday, June 8, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge Day 8

Today's...or rather tonight's challenge is:
A place you've traveled to
This place that I travel to is a place that is very much like home to me.  When people book their vacations or trips they pick exotic locales or places they have never been.  Every year all I want to do is go "home."  Even though I have never officially lived there (except during the summer growing up) I still consider it home.  Home is where family and love is.  This place is San Diego.  Fortunately for me, this home is so much sweeter than the desert and there are just too many things to do!  We weren't able to get out there last summer as I was a beach whale, but we are heading out there again at the end of this month.  I have Audrey's Nana waiting for our arrival.  Nana is my mom's sister, Susan.  She is my surrogate mom, my confidant...and oh so funny!  My Grandma is also there as are all my cousins from both sides of the family. Elijah's Grandparents also live in California and not too far from San Diego, so we will get to see them as well!  I am so excited for them to finally get to meet Audrey and have some good family bonding time.  We love to hit up the beach, mostly Pacific Beach and Mission Beach.  I particularly like Mission Beach because Belmont Park is there and some neat little shops.  We also might hit up the bay so Audrey can be in some calmer waters.  We LOVE us some Sea World and will definitely head there.  We are going to go to the zoo, which I haven't gone to since I was younger, so that should be fun.  We also like going for the outlet shopping.  We have one outlet here and really, there aren't that many good shops to choose from!  Overall, the scenery is great.  Green, plush, fantastic weather, and the beach.  One day we want to pack the UHaul and move on out west...let's hope it's not just a dream!  Oh yeah, Ikea AND In N Out Burger is there too.  2 more pluses!  Here are some pictures of a trip a few years back!
Sea World...dolphin show!

Shark walk

Handsome fellow


The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.  Me and Aunt Susan...aka Nana!

Boogie boarding!  So fun!

Beach bums

Okay, this is better!  Darn...my boobs look nice.  Good ol days!

2 comments:

  1. I would love to go to Sea World. Quite jealous over here.

    LOL on your boob comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sea World is fabulous!! And oh how I wish I still had those boobs. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete